Did you ever have a cool kid who could do almost anything move into your neighborhood, and you wanted to hang out with him all the time? Well, that’s the way we at Optional Nutrition and Wellness feel about our newest product, HOCl. It’s effective, it has a myriad of application possibilities, and it’s easy to keep at home or take on the go. It’s safe for all ages, free from any harmful chemicals and it is natural to the body. Briotech, the industry-leading manufacturer, has made a product unmatched in stability, duplicating the purity and power of the innate immune system. It's no wonder we are crushing on it.
WHAT IS HOCl?
HOCl is hypochlorous acid, a weak acid that delivers an extremely powerful punch. Produced by our white blood cells, it attacks all bacteria, viruses, protozoa, fungi and yeast. It is a part of the way our innate immune system functions to protect our cells from foreign invaders. More powerful than hydrogen peroxide or Clorox, HOCl is quick acting then gone, but it leaves behind a footprint for healing in its cascade effect. Think of it this way. If a germ was Superman, HOCl is its Kryptonite.
The multi-faceted qualities of HOCl have been known for well over 100 years. In fact, it was used on wounds as far back as WWI. The problem with producing HOCl was one of stability and purity, but Briotech has now discovered a way to produce pure HOCl with salt, water and electrical energy. Their product never contains additives, buffers or chlorine and never converts to bleach (unlike some of its competitors or the machines used to make it at home). This world’s first thermally stable HOCl is considered “the most important natural body product that can be made on an industrial scale,” according to Dr. Jeff Williams, Briotech’s Chief Science Officer. It has been tested by the National Institute of Health and deemed to be as pure as the HOCl produced by the human body. While the shelf life is said to be two years, Briotech has independent studies indicating their product lasts much longer.
WHAT DOES HOCl DO?
While HOCl is best known for killing even the most resistant pathogens, it also provides a myriad of other benefits to our bodies. Check out this list of its most important contributions to health.
- Triggers a cascade effect of not only attacking a pathogen but restoring the tissue to normal.
- Stops bleeding in an acute wound by jumpstarting coagulation.
- Stimulates new epithelial cells and their movements into a wound site.
- Stimulates new capillaries and microcirculation at the wound site.
- Shuts down tissue damaging enzymes that interfere with healing.
- Inactivates the cells that cause local inflammation thereby reducing redness at the site.
- Directly interferes with local pain receptors.
- Amplifies local lymph node immune responses.
- Is very effective at healing burn wounds.
- Is a potent wound-healing agent, significantly reducing the amount of time it takes a laceration or abrasion to heal.
- Can destroy biofilm where pathogens like to hide.
- Has powerful skin rejuvenation effects.
- Very effectively heals periodontal issues by killing bacteria on the gums and around the bone.
HOW CAN WE USE HOCl?
One of the beauties of HOCl is that there are so many applications! It can be used topically anywhere on the skin, sprayed directly into an open wound, used as an oral rinse for the mouth, sprayed up the nose, sprayed into the eyes (no burning whatsoever), used in a neti pot, or nebulized. (Anyone thinking this is a good product for pesky viruses we face these days?) It can be used in a diffuser to kill allergens or mold in your home or office, it can be sprayed onto plants to kill mold, and it can be sprayed on surfaces you want to clean. It’s an all-in-one first aid treatment, perfect for your purse or diaper bag. About the only thing it can’t do is tap dance.
TOPICAL APPLICATIONS OF HOCl
This list is not exhaustive by any means, but it will give you an idea of some topical applications.
- Hand sanitizer—this is an extremely effective option, killing any pathogen on your hands without leaving behind harmful chemicals. It is now the option used in many doctor’s offices, including Dr. Matalone’s office. It’s perfect for the kiddos, too, and if they lick their little fingers afterwards, then all the better. Their mouths get the benefit, too.
- Spray directly in your eyes to protect against germs. Yes, it’s safe. Try it.
- Spray on your eyelash line to stop crusting. Optometry recognizes HOCl as effective for decreasing the bacterial load on periocular skin, including killing staphylococci. Small amounts sprayed frequently works best to stop recolonization, according to Dr. Margie Recaide.
- Spray on your face to reduce cystic acne, redness and to cleanse your skin.
- Use it on any cut or abrasion—use a small amount but spray often.
- Spray any burn repeating the above directions—small amount and often.
- Sun burn
- Poison Ivy
- Jock Itch
- Athlete’s Foot
- Spray your face (mouth, nose, eyes) before and after being in close quarters with a lot of people, perfect for use on airplane flights.
ENVIRONMENTAL APPLICATIONS OF HOCl
- Spray your fruits and vegetables with HOCl. No need to rinse with water afterwards.
- Spray plants to kill mold.
- Spray your clothes and shoes if you feel you have been exposed to someone who is ill.
- Spray your steering wheel.
- Spray your plate and silverware at a restaurant if you don’t know who has touched it.
- Use in a diffuser in your home or office to kill mold or other pathogens that may be airborne.
- Spray your cell phone or cell phone case.
- Clean countertops and other surfaces with HOCl at home or in your office.
INTERNAL APPLICATIONS OF HOCl
Briotech offers several products. We specifically like a solution called Topical Skin Spray and another called SOS (Super Oxidizing Saline). The Topical Skin Spray is for use on the skin and mucosal areas. SOS is formulated specifically for use in the mouth and does not have as strong of a taste as the Topical Skin Spray. The small difference between the products is the salt content. Either product can be used in a neti pot or nebulized for sinus or respiratory problems; the Topical Skin Spray will have a stronger taste and smell. Clinical trials have not yet been done on the efficacy of this product for sinus and lung issues, but anecdotal evidence strongly suggests it is beneficial. You can expect it to taste similar to chlorine, but remember Briotech’s product does not contain any chlorine.
- HOCl may be used in a Neti pot at full strength or diluted. If you choose to dilute it, always use distilled water in a neti pot.
- HOCl may be nebulized. Either the Topical Skin Spray or SOS may be used, but remember the Topical Skin Spray is a stronger tasting and smelling solution, so you may want to start with SOS.
- SOS is specifically formulated as a mouth gargle and rinse to be used to kill bacteria in the mouth and throat (where viruses tend to replicate). It is known to be extremely effective against sore throat, periodontal disease, gingivitis, canker sores, and small cuts in the mouth or on the tongue.
HOCl works quickly then is gone, leaving behind the amazing “footprint” of healing. Since it is short acting, it is best used in small amounts and often. There has been no evidence of overdose nor have any allergic reactions ever been recorded. As HOCl works its magic in the body, a normal microbiome is restored.
Stop by Optimal Nutrition and Wellness and let us introduce you to this product. We carry the Topical Skin Spray in a 1-ounce bottle, perfect for your pocket or purse and just the right size for your children to take to school to clean their hands and faces. We also have larger bottles available. There just aren’t many products out there that can boast all the benefits that HOCl provides for the human body. No wonder Briotech refers to it as a “miracle molecule.” We feel confident you will too.